05 years old
Mandalay Hill Half Day Trip is a perfect option for those who want to explore the deep of Burmese culture as well the first World Heritage site in Myanmar. During 04 hours of the trip, our local guide will give you a brief introduction of the Burmese Buddhism and then you will have a fantastic chance to explore Mandalay Hill with Kuthodaw Pagoda, Myanmar’s first World Heritage site, home to ‘the world’s largest book’, a collection of more than 700 marble slabs inscribed with Buddhist teachings.
Details of the Mandalay Hill Half Day Trip
Picked up by the local guides, tourists embark for the half day Mandalay Hill journey to the heritage sites. Fisrt, visitors are led to the top of Mandalay Hill, which is a 240 metres hill located in the city center of Mandalay. From there, travellers can have a great panorama of the beautiful surrounding countrysides, the poetic Irrawaddy River as well as the city centre.
At the foot of Mandalay hill, visitors can have a quick stop to discover Shwe Nandaw Kyaung, also called Golden Palace Monastery, which is noted for its intricate wood carvings; or to Kyauk Taw Gyi Pagoda to contemplate the huge Buddha relief. It is said to take 10,000 men in almost two weeks to transfer the rock from Sagyin quarry on the riverside to the monastery.
Finally, this Mandalay travel offers tourists fascinating chance to visit Kuthodaw Pagoda, the first World Heritage site has been recognized in Myanmar, which is home to ‘the world’s largest book’, which is a collection of more than 700 marble slabs inscribed with Buddhist teachings.
It is also the last destination in the astonishing half-day journey.
End of the Mandalay Hill Half Day Trip !
- Time: 0800-1200 or 1300-1700
- Trip notes: Morning has fewer crowds
- All transfers & transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
- English speaking guide (Other language guide on request)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water on coach
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Personal insurance
- Mandalay Zone Fee
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increasing of fuel charges, admission fee, Christmas & New year with prior notice)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion”
What Other People Are Saying (0 Reviews)
Thank you for your interest in Mandalay Hill Half Day Trip. Please fill in your details below and we will contact you by phone or email within 24 hours.