15 years old
The private Mandalay biking tour brings you chance to take a fabulous ride through the eastern outskirts of Mandalay, stop at a morning local market to witness the local life here. When reaching Yeh Dagon Hill, if you love hiking, you can hike a short 6km loop up the hill and enjoy the fabulous views. This journey would be perfect choice for those who would like to deeply explore the local life in the verdant area of Mandalay in a short time with the bike.
Detail of Mandalay Biking Tour
Set off the morning for a fabulous Mandalay biking tour through the eastern outskirts of Mandalay. The guide will collect visitors at the hotel with the bikes and, after adjusting bikes and helmets, it’s time to start discovering. This Mandalay Travel would cover 20-30 kilometers (depending on the starting point and optional uphill climbing) with mostly flat, sealed roads.
The first 4-6 kilometers take tourists out of the city center, leaving behind the concrete buildings and moving on to a quiet road surrounded by green fields and dotted with small villages. The first stop will be a morning market where a wide range of local products like fruits, local snacks, vegetables, and other items are purchased. Walking around the market, taking photos and interacting with friendly vendors will definitely be interesting experiences there.
Continue riding to the east, arriving at the down of Yankin Hill, which is a popular pilgrimage spot for the locals. This wonderful road is shaded by huge trees and many monasteries, temples and schools on the sides. There might be little traffic aside from the school kids and monks walking or biking alongside the tourists.
Travellers then reach Yeh Dagon Hill, where many Burmese come for meditation retreats. For those who would like to cycle on hilly terrain, a short 6km loop will take tourists up the hill and enjoy fabulous views from there. After that, visitors return to the town on another bath and ride through vast fields of sugarcane, sunflowers, beans and sometimes rice. In this journey, visitors can also stop at a small trade village which known for their traditional paper fans before riding back to the city.
Tourists back to the hotel and finish the memorable Mandalay travel.
End of Mandalay Biking Tour !
- Time: 0800-1200 or 1300-1700
- Recommended: These Mandalay tours should be started in the morning as it is the time that the weather is cooler and the market is busier for experience.
- Total Distance: 20-30 kilometers; 90% sealed roads, 10% hard pack; 100% flat roads (except optional 6km loops)
- Mountain Bike (Trek 4400/4300)
- English speaking biking guide (Other language guide on request)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water
- Mandalay Zone Fee
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Personal insurance
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increasing of fuel charges, admission fee, Christmas & New year with prior notice)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion”
What Other People Are Saying (0 Reviews)
Thank you for your interest in Mandalay Biking Tour. Please fill in your details below and we will contact you by phone or email within 24 hours.