Mandalay Sightseeing Tour: Explore Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura
$ 53 per personINQUIRE NOW →
- Visit former capitals of Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura
- Explore a typical Burmese market in Sagaing
- Discover Bagaya Monastery in mandalay
- Contemplate the Royal Palace and Fort
- Stand on the longest teak span in the world
05 years old
Mandalay sightseeing tour offers visitors a great opportunity to explore the religion and culture of Burmese as well witness the local daily life in non-tourist areas. In this journey, you will have chance to visit Sagaing’s local market, a typical Burmese market that not many tourists come, and stop at a small pottery village to learn about the process of making the ubiquitous water pots which found throughout Myanmar.
Schedule of Mandalay Sightseeing Tour
After having breakfast at the hotel, visitors depart for an amazing Mandalay sightseeing tour to former capitals of Ava, Sagaing and Amarapura.
In the morning, travellers cross a bridge over the Irrawaddy River to Sagaing which covered with 600 white-painted pagodas and monasteries. Sagaing Hill, home to 3,000 monks and 100 meditation centers, is widely considered as the religious center of Myanmar. In this Mandalay Travel, tourists have chances to discover many well-known pagodas in the region such as Swan Oo Pon Nya Shin and U Min Thone Sae.
Travellers can also get to Sagaing’s local market, a typical Burmese market that few tourists visit where a range of local products are for sale including local pottery, silver items and other handicrafts. Visitors can stop at a small pottery village to learn about the process of making the ubiquitous water pots which found throughout Myanmar.
Continue moving south to the capital of Ava in 14th – 18th centuries. From there, a short ferry ride will take tourists across the river to where horses and carriages are waiting to transfer the tourists to the old wooden Bagaya Monastery and the Royal Palace and Fort. Travellers can discover this area by horse and cart as welcomed to small villages located amid Ava’s ruins to get a picture of local life in the Burmese countryside. Visitors enjoy lunch in Ava before continuing the adventure.
Move backwards to the city and stop at Amarapura, the former capital that its name means ‘City of Immortality’. Here, tourists can visit a silk weaving workshop, walk along U Bein which is a 200 year-old bridge constructed from 984 teak posts that were a part of the deserted Inwa Palace. Thanks to its 1.2 kilometers in length, U Bein has recognized the world’s longest teak span. Tourists can stroll along the bridge and enjoy the fabulous views of the farms and streams in the surrounding area.
Visitors are transferred back to Mandalay center in the late afternoon and finish the interesting journey.
End of Mandalay Sightseeing Tour !
|Pax||1||2||3||4||5||6||More than 6|
|Price/adult||157 (USD)||92 (USD)||78 (USD)||65 (USD)||58 (USD)||53 (USD)||Contact Us|
|More than 6||Contact Us|
- Children under 5 years old: free of charge
- Children from 5 to 10 years old: 70% adult’s rate
- Children above 10: full adult’s rate.
- The prices are valid until 20.Dec.2016
- All transfers & transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Boat trip as per itinerary
- Horse Cart in Ava
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
- English speaking guide (Other language guide on request)
- Government taxes and service charge
- Mineral water on coach
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Personal insurance
- Tips & gratuities for guide and driver
- Surcharges if any (increasing of fuel charges, admission fee, Christmas & New year with prior notice)
- Other services not mentioned in “inclusion”
What Other People Are Saying (0 Reviews)
Thank you for your interest in Mandalay Sightseeing Tour: Explore Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura. Please fill in your details below and we will contact you by phone or email within 24 hours.